HealthWise – The smart way to take care of yourself
As a member of The Exeter, you and your family will have access to HealthWise, their member benefits service.
HealthWise is designed to help keep you healthy and happy every day. It offers quick and convenient medical advice and treatments that can be accessed from anywhere in the world through the HealthWise app via smartphone or tablet.
What’s more, HealthWise can be used without the need to claim on your policy, plus your premiums or any No Claims Discount you have accumulated will be unaffected. All policyholders can receive Consultations and if you use the service for your children, the service will be deducted from your allowance.
Here’s what HealthWise offers you in addition to your policy:
For all members:
- GP on demand and prescription service (up to 4 consultations each year)
- HealthWise allows you to book telephone or video consultations with experienced UK-based GPS either from home, or from anywhere in the world via their app
- The service offers clinical advice and guidance, and GP’s can also issue a prescription if required, or recommend further treatment
- Second medical opinion service * (up to 2 consultations each year)
Sometimes we all need a second medical opinion to help us make a difficult decision. You can use HealthWise to access a second medical opinion, where a diagnosis can be assessed and analysed by a second expert pair of eyes and could result in a different treatment plan or just valuable reassurance.
*Not available for Cash Plan members.
For income protection and health insurance members:
- Physiotherapy (up to 6 consultations each year)
- With HealthWise you can also receive assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, plus access to a network of physiotherapists to get the help you need via video consultation.
- Mental health support (up to 6 consultations each year)
HealthWise gives you access to fully trained specialists who can assess and treat a range of mental health conditions including anxiety, depression & substance abuse, as well as offering emotional and behavioural support. The service is provided by video consultation with therapists via the app.
For life cover members:
- Lifestyle coaching (up to 6 consultations each year)
With HealthWise, you can access lifestyle coaching which is designed to take a holistic view across a range of areas that can affect your health, wellbeing and happiness.
Lifestyle coaching is designed to tackle any problems head-on and provide long-term and sustainable improvements. For example, helping to manage medical conditions such as diabetes.
- Nutritional advice (up to 6 consultations each year)
With HealthWise you can receive one-to-one consultations with a nutritionist who can help you stay on top of your diet. The consultations aim not just to improve your health and wellbeing, but also help you gain an understanding of the main food groups (fat, protein, carbohydrate) and vitamins and minerals to help you make long-term, sustainable changes to your diet. All consultations are conducted by fully qualified and registered nutritional consultants.
Services available: Weekdays 8am-7pm GMT, Saturday 9am-1pm GMT (GP on demand only), excluding Bank Holidays.
How to access HealthWise
The HealthWise app is available to members.
The HealthWise app can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play. You will need your policy details in order to activate your HealthWise account.