Many insurance companies offer excellent additional benefits to their policyholders. Find out about what you might be entitled to and read more about Best Doctors, Helping Hand, Global Treatment and LegaCare here.
LegaCare is a charity that specialises in providing personal legal advice and continued support to people with a life-threatening or terminal illness. As part of our Claims Support package, LegaCare telephone access is accessible at no additional cost to anybody who has an income of £30,000 or savings of £30,000 or less for clients who live in England and Wales. For an agreed donation LegaCare can still help patients who may not qualify on financial grounds above this financial limit.
- This service is only available if you have arranged a policy prior to 13th November 2018.
Best Doctors helps you make medical decisions with confidence. They provide access to the best medical minds in the world so you can be sure you have the right diagnosis and treatment plan. They also help you find specialists and get expert answers to medical questions.
Free benefit for:
- AIG Life – Critical Illness policyholders
- AIG Life – Life Insurance policyholders from 01/01/2013
- Aviva Life, Critical Illness or Income Protection policyholders from 14/11/2016
Helping Hand will give you access to your own personal nurse adviser from independent care advisory service RedArc if you’re ill and need some extra support. They can discuss symptoms, offer reassurance, and recommend counselling or additional therapies to help speed up your recovery. If you die, your nurse adviser will help your family cope with their grief; and they can offer them instant access to a bereavement counsellor. Helping Hand also offer you and your family access to our medical, career and legal helplines.
- Free Benefit for all Royal London Life, Critical Illness or Income Protection policyholders.
With Global Treatment you also have access to overseas treatment for major illnesses such as Cancer, Coronary bypass, Live-Donor transplants and others. It includes 3-4 star accommodation for you and a companion, Medication up to £50,000 and a provides a total cover of up to £2million.
- Available to Aviva Life, Critical Illness or Income Protection policyholders (who opted to pay the additional £4.00 a month).
At British Friendly, they believe that loyalty should always be rewarded. Mutual Benefits is a programme designed exclusively for their members:
- Mutual Rewards – Helping you save money on day to day spending and rewarding you for the time you’ve been a member.
- Mutual Wellbeing – Helping you stay on track of your health and wellbeing with wellness tools, tips and services.
- Mutual Support – Supporting you on your road to recovery or when you face life-altering health events.
- Mutual Partners – Bespoke offers from selected partners exclusively for British Friendly members.
- All British Friendly members who are over the age of 18, UK residents and up-to-date on premium payments are eligible to join.
RedArc is an independent nurse advice service, that supports you and your family with emotional and practical help that you may need at a traumatic time.
RedArc has a team of Personal Nurse Advisers who are all highly experienced and qualified with a wide range of specialised and general medical knowledge. Their second medical opinion service provides a confidential face-to-face consultation with a local UK-based specialist to confirm a diagnosis and consider other treatment options.
This is a free benefit available to:
- Aegon ( second medical opinion service) from March 2019 with all protection products
- Royal London – Life, Critical Illness or Income Protection policyholders (Helping Hand)
- Scottish Widows – For Life and Critical Illness policyholders
- Guardian Financial Services – For Life and Critical Illness policyholders
If you have a policy with The Exeter, you and your family will have access to HealthWise, a member benefits service.
It offers quick and convenient medical advice and treatments that can be accessed from anywhere in the world through the HealthWise app on your smartphone, tablet or PC.
What’s more, HealthWise can be used without the need to claim on your policy, so using it will not affect premiums or any No Claims Discount. Healthwise is brought to you by Square Health.
This is a free benefit for Exeter policy holders.
Download the HealthWise App to access:
- Mental Health Support
- GP on demand
- Second medical opinion