Umbrella Benefits gives more choice, more cover, and more support to Legal and General clients.
From the day the policy begins, policyholders will have access to Wellbeing Support, provided by RedArc Assured Limited directly, for practical and emotional assistance.
Included as standard with life, critical illness, income protection, or a business protection policy through Future Proof. (excludes whole of life protection plan holders) The service is delivered by RedArc’s experienced registered nurses. Support and help can range from a reassuring chat, information, advice and guidance, to a clinical assessment and organising specialist services.
Help and Wellbeing support will provide:
- Practical and emotional support – The client’s assigned nurse will call as often as they need, for as long as it takes
- Mental health – Support with stress, anxiety, depression or trauma including organising specialist counselling if appropriate*
- Recovery from illness or injury – Help for your clients to manage recovery, including return to work coaching, lifestyle advice and organising additional services such as physiotherapy and speech therapy if appropriate
- Diagnosis understanding- RedArc can answer questions your client may have about their diagnosis and next treatment steps
- Dietary and lifestyle – Advice on illness prevention, recovery, minimising risk and staying as well as possible
- Serious and chronic illnesses management – Guidance through ways of best managing illness, what to expect and treatment possibilities
- Health service guidance – Help navigating the NHS, other health services, social care systems, charities, and finding support groups
- Later life planning – Including information on government services, retirement housing and finances
Available at no extra cost on Legal and General income protection products:
- Income Protection Benefit
- Low Start Income Protection
- Rental Income Protection Benefit
- Executive Income Protection
Rehabilitation Support Service is a feature of all Legal and General income protection products. Available at no extra cost when you make a valid claim. It provides access to a UK wide team of clinical healthcare experts, who’ll support your return to good health and work with a tailored plan that suits your needs.
This service covers a wide range of physical and mental health concerns to make sure symptoms aren’t prolonged or prevent things from getting worse.
And any treatment received won’t affect your monthly benefit.
Rehabilitation support will provide:
- Triage: This helps us understand the needs and progresses the claim. Clients can speak to a claim handler to discuss how the injury or psychological difficulties could prevent a return to work
- Full Assessment: Usually done to establish what care pathway would be most beneficial and appropriate. This can be done on the telephone or face-to-face
- Return to work planning: We’ll work with you to put a personal plan in place to get you back to work, when you’re ready
- Ongoing reviews: We’ll keep reviewing your situation and manage your claim and monitor any new medical information
This benefit provides quick access to some of the UK’s top specialist consultants and diagnostic test centres, for an extra £4.50 per month.
When faced with a potentially serious health problem, people want answers and reassurance from the experts as quickly as possible. Legal and General are working with AXIS and Trustedoctor to offer Private Diagnostics, to give you access to specialist consultants and private diagnostic centres when referred to cardiology, oncology or neurosurgery specialists to investigate symptoms.
Your referral is all taken care of through the Trustedoctor portal, including virtual consultations with their chosen specialist, appointments for non-invasive diagnostic tests, and receiving results. The service covers a broad range of diagnostics including blood tests, MRI and CT scans, mammograms, ECGs and more. It provides access to some of the UK’s top specialists and offers testing at over 100 diagnostic centres throughout the UK.
The private diagnostic service will provide:
- Claims for a total of three primary virtual consultations per year
- A process easily managed via the Trustedoctor portal
- A service which is available to the life insured and their children up to 22 years old
Available as an optional add-on for Life insurance, Critical illness and Income protection policyholders.
This cover protects against the cost of injury should you sustain one of the specified listed injuries. You will receive cover – for an additional £5.90 a month.
This benefit will provide:
- Cover for 20 types of fractures, 9 types of joint dislocation, Achilles tendon ruptures and knee ligament tears
- Multiple claims are permitted per year – including accidents where multiple injuries are sustained at one time or in a 12-month period
- Depending on the injury severity, claim pay outs are £2,000, £4,000, £6,000 or maximum of £7,500