Is Stand alone Critical Illness cover for children available?
If, once you’ve read this feature, you’d like to talk through your situation, please call 0800 644 4468
Monday to Thursday from 09.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 09.00 and 17.00.Call me back
We were recently approached by a father inquiring about Critical Illness cover for his children. Whilst Critical Illness Cover is available for children, it is only available as an addition to a parent’s critical Illness policy. The cover allocated to your child could help to pay for:
- Flights and hotel board, abroad for overseas medical care eg Proton therapy or the latest most advanced medical care
- Cover your salary whilst you are off work caring for your child
- Pay for childcare for your other children, whilst you care for your sick child
- It could be used to adapt your house for wheelchair access or medical equipment
- Pay for private medical care
- Pay for transport to and from hospital visits.
The marketplace holds a plethora of different insurers and different polices, not to mention additional benefits. It always pays to speak with an expert who knows about the latest and most comprehensive policies at the best prices. Many adult Critical Illness policies, include children’s cover as standard but will only pay up to a maximum limit such as £35,000 for a children’s claim.
But, there is a new insurer now available in the UK market that pays up to £100,000 in children’s cover!
- This enhanced children’s cover is available as an extra premium where you can choose the amount you would like you child to be covered for.
- The cover is available until they reach either age 18, or if they remain in full time education until age 23.
- Waiver of Premium is included at no additional cost. So, let’s say you are to go on maternity leave for 6 months, the policy will run for 6 months and you will not have to pay for your premium during that time.
- Choice – you can choose to have children’s cover as an addition or to drop children’s cover altogether if you don’t have children. You can add it back on or drop it off as your circumstances change.
An idea of the cost of additional the children’s cover :
35 year old non smoker policy term of 52 years
£100,000 Critical illness Cover (adult) £9.36 per month
£100,000 Critical Illness Cover (child) £15.83 per month
Please note that the premiums provided are indicative only and based on this specific case study/ example, which is shown for information purposes only. Your own circumstances will determine whether the amount payable is more or less than the figure quoted.
Interested in related stories?
- The Benefits of an Index-Linked Life Insurance policy
- Watch our short video about why a life insurance trust is so important.
- Record £5bn in claims paid out by insurers in 2017
- Jon’s moving real life claim story
Whilst you are welcome to get a quote on-line we would recommend you talk to one of our advisers.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account to your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
An on-line quote is just that – a quote – it isn’t a definite offer of cover. What really matters is the premium you are offered, after your application has been assessed.
Call Freephone 0800 644 4468 – Monday to Thursday from 09.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 09.00 and 17.00.Call me back
Take a look at our handy guides ‘What Cover is Right for me?’
Do you suffer with a medical condition and concerned you can’t secure Life Insurance? Please view our ‘Medical Guides’ for further information.
Whilst we will make every endeavour to help someone to arrange insurance, there is no guarantee of success. All applications are subject to underwriting.