Arranging life insurance for someone with arthritis is usually straight forward. There are various different types of arthritis and levels of severity. Examples of arthritis include (but are not limited to) osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Providing that pain caused by the condition is not severe, there has been no deformity of joints and certain very strong medications have not been prescribed, then policies are usually available on standard terms. If it’s only light pain that’s being experienced, then consider the benefits from curcumin for pain and inflammation relief.
How much will it cost?
However for someone with osteoarthritis, which has no/minimal effect on normal day to day living, has no surgery planned and takes daily pain relief medication we can usually arrange life cover on normal rates.
Life Insurance – Costs
- A 50 year old non-smoker applying for a sum insured of £50,000 until the age of 90, would pay £54.64 per month.
- A 60 year old non-smoker applying for a sum insured of £50,000 until the age of 90, would pay £45.89 per month.
- A 70 year old non-smoker applying for a sum insured of £50,000 until the age of 90, would pay £228 per month.
Critical Illness – Costs
Maybe possible although more research would need to be carried out by our advisers.
- A 40 year old non-smoker applying for a sum insured of £50,000 until the age of 75, would pay £59.18 per month.
- A 50 year old non-smoker applying for a sum insured of £50,000 until the age of 75, would pay £99.77 per month.
Income Protection – Costs
Income Protection policies pay out a high number of claims due to musculoskeletal issues. This has resulted in insurers usually declining applications for income protection due to the effect that arthritis has on the body. However, if the arthritis is very mild then you may be able to find cover with a specialist insurer. Prices are very dependant on your individual circumstances so it is important to seek expert advice.
All premiums correct at Dec 2018.
Please note that the premiums provided are indicative only and based on this specific case study/ example, which is shown for information purposes only. Your own circumstances will determine whether the amount payable is more or less than the figure quoted.