Life Cover Claims
- AIG Life paid 99% of Life Cover claims in 2018, same % as in 2017
- They paid out a total of £52 million in Life Cover claims in 2018
- Claims of £48,000 were paid on average with the largest being over £1.7 million
- The average age of claimant was 65 years old
Critical Illness Cover Claims
- AIG Life paid 94% of Critical Illness cover claims in 2018, up from 93% in 2017
- The largest Critical Illness claim paid was £500,000
- The average age of a claimant was 47 years
- The “key three” conditions suffered by AIG Life policyholders continue to be cancer, stroke and heart attack, along with multiple sclerosis, and these amounted to 82% of adult critical illness claims paid
- Cancer made up 66% of CI claims.
- Children’s critical illness largest claim was £77,000. With the largest number of children’s claims being for cancer.
- Children’s Critical Illness saw £850,000 being paid out in claims.
AIG Life’s comments
Adam Winslow, AIG Life CEO, said: “Taking out protection insurance to look after your family is a truly selfless act so when life takes a terrible turn, you want to feel that behind the ‘faceless’ insurance company there are some friendly experts who will be supportive every step of the way.
“Paying claims is what we’re here for. It’s why we exist. But offering access to a global second medical opinion service such as Best Doctors is our way of providing customers and their families with as much backing as possible, regardless of whether it relates to a claim. I find it particularly rewarding when I see the extra services we provide are making a real difference to people’s lives.”
Source: Cover Magazine February 2019
Whilst you are welcome to get a quote online but we would recommend you talk to one of our advisers.
Any quote that your adviser provides you with will take into account to your circumstances, your medical history, as well as your budget!
An online quote is just that – a quote – it isn’t a definite offer of cover. What really matters is the premium you are offered, after your application has been assessed.
Call Freephone 0800 644 4468 – Monday to Thursday from 09.00 to 19.00 and on Friday between 09.00 and 17.00.
Please feel free to read our Independent client reviews, or read about the team at Future Proof.